Did you know that you can earn Grade 10, 11 and 12 High School Credits for being a cadet?
For sometime, BC students who are members of the Sea, Army or Air Cadet programs are eligible for high school credits. This page was created to assist you in obtaining proof to provide your school, to earn the credits.
Please review below or the reference for the specific criteria.
Please Submit a request through the Training Department
Excerpt of PRCI Policy
The BC Ministry of Education has approved certain Sea, Army and Air Cadet activities as External Youth Development Courses eligible for graduation credits. The BC Ministry of Education awards these credits based on their current requirements. Up-to-date information can be obtained on their website at www.bced.gov.bc.ca/graduation/courseinfo.
The BC Ministry of Education has authorized four (4) credits maximum for each of Grades 10, 11 and 12 as follows:
Course Code / Course Title / Credits Earned:
- UXCA 10 / Cadet 10 / 4
- UXCA 11 / Cadet 11 / 4
- UXCA 12 / Cadet 12 / 4
The following details the required training for each external cadet course for sea cadets:
- UXCA 10 (Cadet 10) – Successfully complete Phase III training or a six-week summer trade group or specialty summer training course;
- UXCA 11 (Cadet 11) – Successfully complete Phase IV training or a six-week summer trade group or specialty training course or staff cadet; and
- UXCA 12 (Cadet 12) – Successfully complete Phase V or successfully complete a six-week summer trade group or specialty training course or staff cadet.
Note: Where a six-week course has been used for Cadet 11 credit, a second six-week course must be completed for Cadet 12 credit.
Qualifying training courses for sea cadets include:
- Trade Group II or III Boatswain;
- Trade Group II or III Gunnery;
- Trade Group II or III Music;
- Trade Group II or III Sail;
- Marine Engineer; and
- Staff Cadet.